21 June 2013

Day 484: Casting concrete walls

A concrete day is always an insanely hectic day. This one started at 7am with everyone on the team, including my husband and I, sitting on top of the shutter boards and fixing the final reinforcing bars. The shutter work subcontractors chased us off 30 minutes before the concrete was scheduled to arrive so that they can do the final fixing and preparation of their work. The timber planks fastened inside the shutter boards had to be made wet before the concrete could be poured in.

The concrete was scheduled to arrive at 10am. At 09:30am I received a phone call from the plant explaining that they have a problem at the plant and apologising that they won’t be able to deliver the concrete. At this point all I could do was beg and pray. The concrete pump was already set up and everything was in place. Imagine my relief when I got a call half an hour later stating that the trucks were on their way!


No comments:

Post a Comment